Skip to main content

A post a day for 10 days?

I saw this post from Tina Zita (@tina_zita) on my Twitter feed this morning, and thought... 'it's almost exam time, can I do this?'

If I start small, maybe.

So... what did I learn today?  I finally learned how to use the spirometer.  I've been at this school for longer than my grade 12's have been alive (kids born the year I started at this school are in their first year of university now), and I've never used the thing. Seriously, I could have searched Youtube for an instructional video - oh look, I found one!

But in the past, I've used other techniques to measure lung volumes, mostly involving balloons and mathematical approximations of volume.  Maybe tomorrow I can post about how well it worked for my students...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

26 books challenge, new tool

I learned how to use a new tool today - the Pixlr Online Photo Editor.  It popped up as a connected app when I tried to open an image file in Google Drive.

For a free tool, it worked well enough to suit my needs.  It occasionally frustrated me by having windows pop up in a place where I couldn't access the "ok" button to complete a task, but in the end, I accomplished what I wanted, which was to add the titles and authors of the books I'd read for the 2016 "Bringing Up Burns" reading challenge. You can check out other peoples' choices by following #26BooksWithBringingUpBurns on Instagram or Twitter.